Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ice Tea Recipe

In my country it is a tradition to have a tea after a meal time. When people get together it is 100% that there would be tea involved (especially if we’re talking about girls get together) with some sweets and chocolate. There are so many different kinds of teas that everyone can find something tasty and pleasant.
I used to drink hot teal all the time, usually black with all kind of herbs and flowers. In America people don’t drink that much of a hot tea. Well, not a lot of people drink tea at all. My husband used to drink ice tea (you know that Lipton ice “tea”) before I came into his life and showed him how the real tea looks and tastes like. Now he loves it! In winter we do drink hot tea. When it is cold and snowing outside it is so nice to have a cup of hot tea with spices and a cookie, sitting next to each other and watch a movie… But in summertime when it is hot I learned how to make an ice tea, and I’d like to share with you.
1. Make your favorite tea (put some loose leaf tea in your tea pot – I use French Press; boil hot water – if you’re making green tea make sure it is not boiling when you poor over your tea; let it steep for 5-10 minutes).
2. Fill a pitcher with ice. If you like sweet tea you can use sugar, agave syrup, maple syrup (my favorite), just have some in a separate glass.
3. Pour your hot tea over the ice (reserve a little bit to mix with sweetener).
4. Stir well reserved tea with sweetener.
5. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© EZ Soaps - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart