Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sugar Scrub


Yesterday I made a sugar scrub. Nothing fancy, just some clear M&P base, grape seed oil, sugar, apple fragrance oil and colorant. But, it is sooooooo cool! I used it in the shower last night, and it doesn't leave that greasy feeling after you used it (like some scrubs from the containers). I think it has something to do with a little soap in it. I still need to play with the amount of fragrance oil and probably use different type of sugar. I used just simple white sugar, but I'm thinking to use raw sugar in the next batch.


Sugar scrubs are also great for the "garden" hands. Last night I went to pick some tomatoes and other vegetables from the garden and didn't put on gloves. Well, if you have a garden you probably know that after you harvest your vegetables, your hands have that nice greenish - brownish color that is very hard to wash away. I just grabbed a little piece of the sugar scrub, and my hands were white and squeaky :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© EZ Soaps - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart